Wednesday, 7th December, 2016

Casino Answers » Caribbean Stud Poker » Caribbean Stud Odds & House Advantage

Caribbean Stud Odds & House Advantage

Caribbean Stud is enjoyed by a lot of casino table game players mainly because it’s a relatively simple game. Our Caribbean Stud Odds article offers the opportunity to a player who knows what he is doing to even the odds significantly with skill and strategy, even though it has developed a reputation for providing a high house edge. Remember that you can fold or play.

The betting structure in Caribbean Stud Odds requires the players to place an ante bet and play bet if they want to stay in hand. The probability that the player will qualify is 56 percent, which implies that his ineligibility chance is 44 percent. You will only receive back the ante bet and not the play bet, in the latter situation.

On the other hand, the house edge is quite high – more than 5.2 percent in Caribbean Stud, even if played in a situation that favors the player. However, the house advantage comes from the structure used on wagers by the casino. As the chances of a banker or player getting winning hand is 50/50 in all hands, the gaming site’s edge is not because of the cards dealt.

You will need to place a wager in addition to your ante bet in order to be eligible for the progressive jackpot in Caribbean Stud Odds. Whatever level it may have attained at the time of your win – often six figures or higher, a riyal flush pays off with 100% of the progressive jackpot amount. Nevertheless, the chances of getting a royal flush are just 1 in 649,740 poker hands. All things being equal, a straight flush will yield 10% of the progressive jackpot. A full house, four of a kind and a flush are paid out in dollar amounts – $100, $75 and $50 in that order.

Not counting the progressive jackpot games, the house edge in Caribbean Stud is generally stated as being greater than 5% as mentioned above. This percentage is almost equal to the house edge for the double zero American game – roulette that is generally considered to be one of the toughest casino games to defeat. The standard calculations of the Caribbean Stud house edge are based on the ratio of the expected loss to the original bet or ante and disregard the option that the player will rise, multiplying his ante. The house calculated as the expected loss to the total bet ratio becomes closer to 2.5%, when this possibility is added to the picture.

As far as the Caribbean Stud poker is concerned, the true odds depend on the strategies you use in the game. This is for the reason that the hands you pass or fold the ante bet and call or raise the ante bet will be based on what a strategy wants you to do in a particular situation, in order for your winning chances to be increased. The particular strategy you employ will go a long way in determining the number of times that an outcome can occur.

In addition, many of these Caribbean Stud Odds strategies involve creating a reference table to guide players on how to make the right decisions. Nevertheless, as these strategies are very wide, they can be difficult to read and are extremely time consuming. Therefore, it is recommended that you first learn the basic strategies.

Basic Caribbean Stud Odds strategy consists of obeying the following rules:

· Bet when you are holding a ranked hand – a pair or above or A-K-Q-J-X where X represents any card

· Bet when you are holding the following hands, but only when the dealer’s upcard matches a card in your hand: A-K-Q-X-X, A-K-J-X-X and A-K-10-X-X.

· Bet in a situation where the dealer’s upcard is between a two and a queen and the player is in possession of the dealer’s upcard.

· On the other hand, bet if the dealer’s upcard is an ace or a king, and the player possesses a queen or a jack.

· Bet if the dealer’s upcard doesn’t match any of your cards, or when it is less than your fourth highest card, and when you have a queen.

.Due to different styles that people use while playing, the house edge in Caribbean Stud Odds is difficult to measure. However, you will find discover the major styles used by most people while playing the Caribbean Stud Odds and how each fairs against the casino.

Here is the list of strategies used and what the house advantage is, for these strategies:

– Raise a King, 8, Jack, 3 an Ace or a 5.3 percent house edge

– Raise only when the upcard of the dealer matches one of your own or 5.35 percent house edge.

– Raise on a pair or 5.45 percent house edge

– Raise on King/Ace or 5.7 percent house edge.

– Raise on everything – 16.5 percent house edge

Top Online Casinos for Americans

# Online Casino Software Bonus Visit
1 Slots.LV Slots.LV Various $22 No Deposit Visit Slots.LV Casino
2 Bovada Casino Bovada Casino RTG/CTXM Americas most trustworthy Visit Bovada Casino
3 Lucky Red Casino Lucky Red Casino RTG 400% to $4,000 Visit Lucky Red Casino
4 Atlantis Gold Casino Atlantis Gold Casino BetOnSoft 30 Free Spins Visit Atlantis Gold Casino








Comments/More Information Needed?

Casino AnswersDid this page not answer your question, Or do you have any additional information to add to this Q&A?

You can submit any additional questions, answers, information or comments in the form below. We will strive to answer your questions within 48 hours.

Name:
Email:

Your Question or Comment:

captcha

Additional Caribbean Stud Odds Questions:

None Yet

Related Questions:

Alternative Ways to Ask/Incoming Search Traffic:
The answer to the question Caribbean Stud Odds & House Advantage is also applicable for the following questions:

What are the odds of a straight flush in Caribbean Stud?


In 2001, the remake of Ocean’s 11 starring George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon was released. In 2010, Viktor 'Isildur1' joined Team PokerStars. In 2004, Poker Royale first aired on GSN.

What Casino Promotion Do You Prefer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

That Americans can gamble online still? And not just casinos but poker and sports too?

Formerly Bodog, the online sportsbook Bovada has been around for over 2 decades and is extremely trustworthy.


Get exclusive deposit and no deposit bonuses. Join the Casino Answers Black Card program - for free!